xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
champagne

Ipb?

If I'd like to use invision board, I'll have to upload it myself, am I right?

Because when I click in bulletin board, there is only phpbb there.

Assumed that I need to upload that myself, I uploaded that with zip file. How do I extract that?

When I tried to extract the file--->

File Type: Zip archive data, at least v1.0 to extract
?????

And, if I changed the language, what's the difference anyway?

I have seen no difference there. :D

mmm, IPB 1.2 stands in "Script Libary" but I recommend installing IPB 1.3 , it is free to download from Invision's site. And uhh, trie winrar to extract the site, as far as I know it is superior to winzip..

I misscheck on that.

I got a ipb1.3.1 there.

What I download from invisionboard is a Invision Power Board v2.0.0 PF 3

trie winrar to extract the site, as far as I know it is superior to winzip..

Do you mean that I can only use winzip to extract that file???

you got this install file with ipb right?there it says you have to write files or maps to CHMOD 777 or 666 or somethingyou can do that by connecting to Xisto with your ftp server,go to the ipb map,and right klick on that map (this works with my ftp server)and click: "CHMOD" then you instert the number (777/666/ect.)

I still don't get this part..... :D

you got this install file with ipb right?

I upload and extract it at the file manager.

there it says you have to write files or maps to CHMOD 777 or 666 or something

Where?????? :D

you can do that by connecting to Xisto with your ftp server,

go to the ipb map,

Is ipb map the same thing as http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/--->something like this???

There is one thing very weired............

I supposed I download for a Invision Power Board v2.0.0 PF 3.........

(This is what the document says... ex. admin.php index.php....)

But why why why???

Why does it show ipb1.2 when I click on the ipb in scripts library?? :D

It tells me to unpgrade to 1.2......... but I've already have 1.3.1.....

I followed the steps just like the way it(In the other ipb supported forum) told me....

Okay, let me tell you how I upload and installed it in the MySQL.

If there is something wrong, plase, do tell me!!!

But, if there's no mistake, you might could consider it a tutorial for somekind of newbie like me. :D

First, I download the 2p0p0PF3, this is what the file name is.

And use FTP to upload all of the files one by one with FTP

Then, choose uploads, style_images, skin_cache, lang, conf_global.php, five of them, and right click on the mouse button, to choose CHMOD.

Permisson:777

(All the boxes will be selected)

After this, I go to my cPanel, open MySQL, Add Db.

Then, I shall see the Dbname I've chosen in User.

Choose Previleges to ALL

Add User to Db

So far, I should be able to see the upgrad, am I right???

I don't know... :D

The procedure hasn't complete yet.........

The picture showed on that forum till this step, is able to see the first page of the forum.

Please tell me what's wrong with this......

Oh, and.........

if I want to make my ipb1.3 works, which file whould I change the chmod?

hmmmmm...i believe that you did something wrong with mysql db...i dont know about IPB, but other 4ums need to be configured before instaling (edit the config.php file or like..)so i guess that the name of the mysql bd, doesnt match with the one entered in config.phph (or something like that)...take a look..

this is the install file... you look what you done wrong:

Installing: Step 1 - Uploading At this point, you should have the zip archive "unzipped" and the contents similar to those shown in the structure and CHMOD guide. If you do not have a similar structure, check to make sure you have your zip program preferences set to allow creation of directories and to preserve case and long filenames. If you haven't done so already, create a new directory on your server named appropriately (if you wanted to access the forums via 'domain.com/forums/' create a directory called 'forums' in the 'public_html' or 'www' directory on your webserver. Using your FTP client, move into the directory you wish to upload to (if you followed the above advice, move into the newly created 'forums' directory.) Using your FTP client, create the following directories "cache", "install", "ips_kernel", "jscripts", "lang", "lofiversion", "modules", "retail", "skin_acp", "skin_cache", "sources", "style_avatars", "style_emoticons", "style_images", "upgrade" and "uploads" (TIP: If your FTP client supports "Drag n' Drop" which most modern clients do, you can save yourself some time and effort by simply selecting all the files from the "unzipped" zip archive and drag them into your FTP client window, this will then copy all the files, creating the directories as it goes. If you choose to do this, you can safely ignore most of the following instruction, just remember to CHMOD as outlined in the stucture and CHMOD guide). Once the directories have been created, CHMOD "skin_cache" and "uploads" to 0755 (if you get permissions errors later on, you can CHMOD these to "0777"). Now, upload the contents of the files in your local folders (from the zip file) into the corresponding directories you've just created on your server. Some folders will contain other files and folders, upload them all - preserving the structure you have in your zip file (for example, upload the entire contents of the "html" folder on your computer to the "html" directory on the server). Once you have finished uploading into the directories, upload the rest of the files "admin.php", "conf_global.php", "ipb_templates.xml" and "index.php" to the same place as you created the directories earlier (into "forums" for our example). CHMOD "conf_global.php" to 0666 (if you get permission denied errors later on, you can CHMOD this to 0777). That's it, the hard work is now done! You can proceed to the next step.  Installing: Step 2 - Using the Installer An installer is provided to assist you in entering the information Invision Power Board needs to connect to your mySQL database and to create your new administrators account. Run the installer file through your web browser by entering the URL to it into your browser address bar (if you have followed our example, type in http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, naturally subsituting 'domain.com' for your web address.) You will be presented with a short information screen, if you receive an error telling you that "conf_global.php" does not have suitable permissions, CHMOD "conf_global.php" to 0777 via your FTP client. Clicking on proceed will present you with a simple information form. You will need to know your SQL username and password at this point. If you do not know it, please ask your web host - in most cases it is different from the FTP log in information. The form is very straightfoward, with only the following points needing closer examination. If you do not know what your mySQL "host" is, try "localhost" (without the quotes). if the SQL server is on the same server as your website (and in most cases it is) this will suffice. If you have created a new database for Invision Power Board, or wish to use an existing database, enter the name of the database in the appropriate field. Unless you intend to install multiple copies of Invision Power Board into the same database, you can leave the "table prefix" blank. If you do not have a mySQL password (if you are installing Invision Power Board on your local server) this can be left blank. After submitting the form, you will be informed of any errors - if you do get an error similar to "permission denied for user@localhost using password YES" - the chances are you have either your mySQL username, mySQL password or mySQL database name wrong. Consult with your webhost for the correct information and resubmit the form. If the installation was successful, you will receive notification to that effect. Follow the link to finish off the installation and to log into your newly installed board. When the log in page loads, enter in the information you chose for your administrator account. Once you are logged into the board, click on the "Admin CP" link found in the navigation bar to access the Administration Control Panel.