xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

The site i am making for someone

This is purely HTML and the design is my work, the guestbook ir powered by php, i am thinking of adding java menu, but not really sure which one to pick and which one to choose.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Check it and tell me what you think.

Thats pretty nice. When i first loaded the page it took a while for it to load all the pics in mozilla so it looked really wierd... If the site wasnt about amber, then i would say that the color scheme doesnt look good. Is it me or does that server take a long *bottom* time.... Pretty good.

You lucked out. Amber is a great thing to work with visually. You've got to go with it as the prime thing though. Get rid of all the frames and do a horizontal orientation of 3 or four product lines that have a big showcase image of beautiful amber for each one. put some small tastful buttons across the bottom and the logo. Try not to let any design element compete with the products. Be ruthlessly minimal - the Amber speaks for itself; showcase it.When you do need text, take a big piece of amber for the background and blur, darken or lighten and float the text on it. Keep the same horizontal structure throughout. There's an all-Amber room in a big palace in Russia. Think of that for your site. You're not just selling Amber, make it a gallery or museum with cool lighting that the Amber floats in.