xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Need Honest Feedback

I am just starting my site and I know it needs some work but I need to get some feedback / suggestions to make it more inviting. It is a "Frontpage" poster child design so an hints / tricks or advice on what to change would be great.

Go to this site for now until the data is restored at free nuke.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

when data is restored a nuke go to

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

i agree with whizz the "it" factor is missingfor me the only problem is it takes your eye to focus on the whole page you tend to look on the whole page rather focusing on places or sections in the site why not make make it smaller coz when a browser looks into a site he/she want to see everything in a single glance, on my opinion just look at other sites and find out what you want and incorporate it on your site, and remember you must have a theme.but lol its only my 1st mnth. in this field i don't even know what html means a month ago :) So my opinion could be rubbish.cheers mate it looks neat just needs a little polishingGood day Good health God bless

Yah I know that it doesn't have it but I am trying to figure out what "it" is. I hoping to have everything up and running and find the "it" before I start advertising the site. Thanks for you feedback. Any specific suggestions on what to improve are greatly apprecited.

You can find free templates on the internet which make you site look good. You can even get ideas off their templates. The problem that I am having is that i cant figure out which sections to have in my site. so far i have a forum, images, videos, contact, and events

I would suggest a good cms. I only have a little experience with angeline which is pretty easy for a new user to setup. It looks like you are trying to act to "goody goody". That picture in the center looks like you are trying to sell me the new Office 2005 or sumthin.check my site out at the link on the bottom

Wow. First of all I have no idea what a torrent is or how it works and your site was no help. Maybe it's just for very experienced torrent folk but you aren't gonna get any new members that way. Some easy to get to info for your n00bs maybe?

No design. Flat out none. The pseudo-corp pic doesn't help. Go immediately to http://www.killersites.com/ and grab a clue. For your whole site organization check out http://www.webstyleguide.com/

Beg, borrow, steal or better yet buy a copy of Photoshop and do all the tutorials.

Be sensitive to what your community is about. Find pics that really give that flavour and experiment with them.

Pay special attention to how your favorite magazines and cool advertising uses fonts. Use only two, max 3 for your whole site. Using less but in different weights for different purposes consistently.

Look at everything you find from Web Design Showcase in google.

gotta agree with drumbytes, dont get a word of it. it could be in japanese for all i know. the homepage looks alright, professional, not special though