xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Stay active

I thought we had to stay active on this forum, but there are only like 50 who are really that active (more than 20 posts). The top 200 even ends with 4 posts. And there are at least 500 accepted applications.That means that 300 of them are totally not active on the forum. (less than 3 posts, with 1 request for free hosting included)

How about being on a vacation? Do we have 2 post where away? Because it would not be pretty 2 come home and find out youre deleted :wink:

I just meant that more than 60% of the people have no more than 3 posts, including 1 request! That's like being on vacation the whole year. I think if you have 100 posts and you go on holiday for a few weeks, noone will ever remove your account, but if you have two posts after a few months, they will certainly delete you.

I just meant that more than 60% of the people have no more than 3 posts, including 1 request! That's like being on vacation the whole year. I think if you have 100 posts and you go on holiday for a few weeks, noone will ever remove your account, but if you have two posts after a few months, they will certainly delete you.

maybe they should do it by counting how many posts per quarter or something? - then anyone below say 20? or pick a number - that would be about 1 and a half a week... or 40 per half? - i dunno what limit you think active is though...so those numbers could be totally out

or whatever....but something like that might work better?

i mean...someone could get 200 posts, then never come back in 2 years and by your system still be active.....

A script for it would be easy enough....even if you didnt want to adjust the phpbb tables you could do it by just running a quick script that totals it into a new table / column somewhere....

Before we go on holidays we should say "I'm going on holidays for a month, dont delete me suckaz" Then we'd be fine, probably. Its easy man.

As far as I understand the "star" system, the stars only tell how many messages that a user has written. But the system dosn't seem to tell how FREQUENT a person has written messages.If this is correct, then the star system acutally does not describe how active the user is on the forum. A person could have written 400 messages... but five years ago...! :wink: Regards,DavidwPs... doing what I can to get to three stars!!!

The word 'Active ' should be defined with clear boundaries....... when I say boundary i mean lines, when I mean lines I mean number of post per week, or per day.... etc... :lol:

Yeah, but that can cause problems with holidays, etc. So there should be a limit, say a month, if theres no new posts an email is sent to the person asking what is going on and giving them one more month to reply. Another email should be sent when there is a week left, just in case. And then, thats account deleted. Two months is quite a while to post something about a snooker game or something, anything.