xisto Community
iGuest

what is your religion?

subject says it all :)...

i'm a strong christian through choice, and im just interested in what other people believe

p.s. sorry for limited options - only let me have this many!

EDIT BY ABCDE: I ADDED THE OPTION OTHER!

Keep it polite!

thanks ^i tried and it didnt let me :/

I take it you may of read 1 or 2 post that ive done,I must say i think religion must change its name to the uneducated(What is education? How would you define an educated person?)Back to religion! dont dispise it, i think for some of select few mere mortals its maybe all you have.in a wierd kinda a way im a preacher! I preach the word of sense, That religion is a load of old cobblers..But that is my personal opinion.I believe in evolution, that we all evolved from slime! because halve of all humans still are and always will be. Did your gods send them to test us or piss us off.YOU TELL ME?Starvation, Famins, Wars, Corrupt goverments (Who say they democrotic)Perverted preist`s who fiddle with kids! (is that gods word?)I believe in the random chaos.Dont what i mean, Then look it up....

Hmm.. I would have to put other because I don't observe anything related to religion, other then, of course: !!holidays!! :) I think science overpowers religion, something like what djbungle was saying.-----...Keep it polite djbungle :) , don't abuse the caps lock.

Firstly want to say i only asked for personal opinion - as a survey of the population on this board, not in order to start conflict or intolerance.if religion changed its name but not its meaning then a name change is pointless.i dont think anyone has 'no religion'.preaching that religion is a load of old cobblers is the word of strong atheism - the link to 'the word of sense' cant be proved.I dont disbelieve evolution, i say its logically possible - and find it worrying when people suggest it is proven. The fact that the fossil record large as it is holds no evidence of transition animals is cause for concern. Science would say it was possible but not proven, Scientism is a faith that says its proven.Bad things caused by 'religion' ....if they contrast the teachings of that religion cannot logically be the orders of that religion's God, because by definition they are in conflict with its teachings. As such can only be a result of a failure to follow it.Random chaos is possible, but faith in it is required as much as in anything else. I believe i am not an accident, because through following Christ i have found order.Take care

I was Christened a "Roman Catholic" when I was a small child.After having religion force-fed to me via the education systemover the years, I rebelled against it years ago. These days I ammore Atheist.I do believe in a higher plane of life, but NOT as religion will dictateit to you. I suppose I am a mixed version of Spiritualism and Atheism LMAOI do believe in spirits etc.... as a child I lived in a haunted house for2 years. That was a bad experience, of which I won't go into !!Basically, as far as I am concerned, religion in itself is "man-made"because people everywhere NEED something to believe in. I won't belittle anyone who does believe in any religion. They have theirown reasons too. I'll stop droning on now, I don't won't to force my ideals onto anyone LMAO

I'm not superstitious.I suppose it coz I believe that if you "believe" something bad is going tobefall you, and you believe that strongly enough, then the chances arethat it will.This is a real trait of someone who is a pessimist, and as an eternaloptomist..... this is not me !!

I suppose it coz I believe that if you "believe" something bad is going tobefall you, and you believe that strongly enough, then the chances are
that it will.

I have heard that if you give a sick person a fake pill they will feel better.

Well its still works in basically the same way...

I suppose it coz I believe that if you "believe" something bad is going tobefall you, and you believe that strongly enough, then the chances are
that it will.

I have heard that if you give a sick person a fake pill they will feel better.

Its all down to belief, if the person who is taking the pill thinks it is really
going to work then quite often, they will start to feel better.

Its basically called "Psycho-sematic" (sp?)

i am not superstitious, per se, but i do follow a lot of them since they are based on real facts. for example, i dont walk under ladders, not because of luck, but because im a bit clumsy; when im in an acting performance, i dont whistle backstage, since that cues different props (and can get something dropped on you)