xisto Community
X3r0X

Domain Names Some members paid for...?

Hey i was wondering (lthough im sure i already know the answer) does Trap 17 give our domain names if the user agrees to have ads on their site and gets adequate hits? Thats just an impresion i have been getting from members with a domain name.

No. If you want to register and pay for a domain name yourself, then it can be used with Trap 17 hosting - but it is not provided for you.

You don't pay for them all..
Although, if you want an official (.com, .net, .etc :D) Domain, you do have to pay. There are some sites which allow you to register with something like,

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

or something of the sort.

It was on the forum post which you apply for hosting or something I saw one of these. :D

They are just URL redirection services, not top-level domains. Some, such as UNI.CC, do provide full DNS features, but they still aren't TLD's.

Exactly what I meant. :D
Of course, you could always just go with the .trap17.com subdomain too, if you don't care to pay for a domain. :D

Domains go for around US$8 a year now, so they aren't really that hard to get.

Domains go for around US$8 a year now, so they aren't really that hard to get.

It isnt everybody that have that kinda money and besides, some people and locations across teh world dont have that much access to credit card facilities and that makes it impossible for them to be able to register for a TLD. which is kinda bad

Well, I'v ealso seen very cheap domains for 2$ a year. Although, if you can use cheques (sp?) in your country, you generally can use an online checking facility. :D (I know because even though I live in the USA, I've had to do that a few times.)

What if there arent such services in your country as web hosting companies....what do you do then? or in a situation whereby you aint got the money to pay for the hosting (even if you see the hosting company to pay to)...what are you gonna do?

Then I'm afraid that's just bad luck. Sorry.You could try trading a domain name for something - for example, a Gmail account, which are pretty popular at the moment.Also, didn't you say you're from Nigeria, odomike? I'm pretty sure that you would be able to find a couple of domain registrars over there.

Then I'm afraid that's just bad luck. Sorry.
You could try trading a domain name for something - for example, a Gmail account, which are pretty popular at the moment.

Also, didn't you say you're from Nigeria, odomike? I'm pretty sure that you would be able to find a couple of domain registrars over there.

Yea there are actually a couple or more domain name registrars here in Nigeria, but remember that i said**WHAT IF THE PERSON DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY FOR THE REGISTRATION?** Thats where my major problem lies spectre

You could try trading a domain name for something - for example, a Gmail account, which are pretty popular at the moment.

I'll trade someone a gmail invite (meaning you make your own account) for a domain name for 1 year, or for money via paypal.