xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Protect your source! [spam]

does any1 know how to prevent users from looking at your HTML? not just the disable right click method. another method, which stops them from the basic means. - yes i do not know what i mean by saying 'basic means'.a script would be nice!

I don't think that there is any foolproof way, but you can make it a bit more cumbersome so most ppl can't be bothered. f.ex. disable rightclick and then lock the page inside a frameset. :)

oh - and if you do, remember to hide the popup. If you don't, anyone who simultaneously click left and right mousebutton over the popup will get the rightclick menu.

in short, there really is no way, since the source code has to be interpreted in an un-encrypted form by the browser and stored on the local machine. trying to do it will only make people more determined to get your code.

I totally agree with geancanach. (here's some reasons:)Encryption can be easily circumvented - in some cases it only takes a few keyboard combinations.Some are platfom dependant, i.e. if you use mozilla or opera, the encryption often don't work or makes the page unreadable.Most claim to disable right click. Even if that was possible - ther's always other ways.Most claim to hide display links and address and messages in status bar, - this feature can be disabled in firefox and other mozilla browsers.Many of them stuff up any javascript you may be using.All you've achieved is more ppl checking your source code just to see what you're trying to hide.What you really want is to stop the novices lifting your code for their own webpages and the methodi described will do just that, making it harder for them without making it to hard for yourself

if found a java script that prevent your page to be saved in the file menu save as but there are so many ways such as the source code, the cache, privacy report and so on ....... i agree on what she said that trying to do this will just make those browsing patrons curious on what your hiding but for me i just find it interesting nothing to hide in my site besides my lousy html coding lol guess i want to hide it coz i am ashamed of my page :) but you asked for basic means maybe this script could be useful <script language="JavaScript1.1">

<!-- var debug = true; function right(e) { if (navigator.appName == 'Netscape' && (e.which == 3 || e.which == 2)) return false; else if (navigator.appName == 'Microsoft Internet Explorer' && (event.button == 2 || event.button == 3)) { alert('This Page is fully protected!'); return false; } return true; } document.onmousedown=right; if (document.layers) window.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN); window.onmousedown=right; //--></script> inform me if it works coz in mine i think it does

lawrence

There is absolutely no point in running a script like that unless you disable the alert.
As i pointed out in an earlier response, all it takes is a simultaneous click with your
left and right mouse buttons over the alert and you have bypassed the script.
You should disable the popup. Something like this:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"></HEAD><SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2">  <!-- function notice(){   menutext.style.left=document.body.scrollLeft+event.clientX   menutext.style.top=document.body.scrollTop+event.clientY   menutext.style.visibility="VISIBLE"   return false  }function hidenotice(){   menutext.style.visibility="HIDDEN" }  //--></SCRIPT><BODY><!--[if IE]><DIV ID="menutext"><DIV URL=""></DIV></DIV><![endif]--><SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2">   <!--   document.oncontextmenu=notice;   if (document.all&&window.print)      document.body.onclick=hidenotice;   //--></SCRIPT></BODY></HTML>

Apart from that there's not much point in using the script either, if you leave
the option open to read the source via the toolbar - as geancanach just demonstrated. :wink:
Have a look at the example i left for nexus. :wink: