xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Nirvan...

*shrug* I'm not the biggest fan of Nirvana. Their lyrics don't really mean anything. At all. Admittedly some of their music is alright. I just have to be in the mood to listen to it.

yes, i do like nirvana...to bad curt cobain killed himself

I like(d) them too,...

I heared somewhere in tv, or radio that he was murdered (not 100% sure but that was some suggestions ...) ... byt i dont belive on that :wink:

"Unplugged in New York" is SO great, that accoustic feel realy suits them! And such a wonderful cover of "man who sold the world"...

I believe kurt cobain was highly overrated and wouldn't be a legend iff he hadn't killed himself. I wish he hadn't, I hate when anyone dies. But his guitar playing was mediocre at best and his vocals were utterly terrible. People say that is his style, but if a web designer were too leave bits of broken html and php errors throughout a webpage it would be considered poorly made. But that is my opinion, I've been studying music theory for the past couple of years which is what brought me to this realization. I'm a firm believer in everyone having their own opinion, this one is just mine. Have a good day all.

I believe kurt cobain was highly overrated and wouldn't be a legend iff he hadn't killed himself.  I wish he hadn't, I hate when anyone dies.  But his guitar playing was mediocre at best and his vocals were utterly terrible.  People say that is his style, but if a web designer were too leave bits of broken html and php errors throughout a webpage it would be considered poorly made.  But that is my opinion, I've been studying music theory for the past couple of years which is what brought me to this realization.  I'm a firm believer in everyone having their own opinion, this one is just mine.  Have a good day all.

yea he probably wouldn't be AS famous if he hadn't killed himself, but he was already pretty famous when he did so there's not too much to argue about there...they'd already recorded all their much played tracks like teen spirit and so forth. and although the songs he wrote weren't terribly complex for the most part, and he doesn't have an operatic voice, it's the feeling and emotion conveyed that counts, and maybe the catchiness of the riffs (that's what gets you into the charts...). nirvana isn't supposed to be a pretty, perfect, and melodically complex band..kurt wasn't that kind of person. kurt wasn't a very happy person and he didn't have a nice organized life and he probably didn't care too much about "music theory" so i guess his songs reflect that. and i guess u either identify with that or not.

p.s. u gotta admit he died a really really cool death. get high as a kite and cut the string (actually, blast it to bits). that's how i'd wanna go out.