xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

What OS

Same here... I think Windows XP is the widely used operating System!There is however, a *BLEEP* error that bugs me in it. The Blaster Worm, has been troubling me a lot. It gives a 60 second timer to shutdown the computer and even when i ignore it by typing shutdown -a, My Messenger and some other applications dont work. B)

I am using Win XP SP2, it is a pretty nice OS, especially what they added to IE... And you get your own firewall with SP2. Of course, you will have to wait a while before you can get it from windows update. I have not gotten any viruses and have had DSL for over 3 years. What you should do is:1. Update as frequently as you can with windows update2. Have a firewall3. Have a anti-virus program and update it often4. Do NOT download anything that look suspiciousIf you follow that, there is a 99.9% chance you will NOT get a virus.

If I Turn on FIREWALL .. there are some applications that do cause problems at my place. So i do not turn it on. I better expose my PC for that *BLEEP* VIRUS. B)

I usually start Apache Webserver and do lot of Experementing Stuff. It is only these things which give problems. I really get pissed off, when things don't work. i.e. I try out something new, and keep trying to finally realise that , it was because of that *BLEEP* FIREWALL, my ports were blocked and my application was not working.

am using Windows XP professional ( upgraded)..And yeah if you r getting problems then simply dotn use it ..lol And too running easy php that includes apache server , and its running smooth widout any kindda firewall..B) And You can mention in the firewall settings not to block THOSE ports ..

I'm using Windows XP Professional and I'm not getting that much problems B) I actually update rarely, but I have Norton SystemWorks. I think that's really helpful...

About firewalls, I don't have any idea about those, but how do you tell it to not block ports? I get slow downloads in BitTorrent because of the firewall thing :P

I use Windows XP Sp2Used to dual boot a linux distro ranging from RedHat 9, Fedora Core 1 or 2, SUSE (yes it's all caps) 9.1, or Mandrake 10.I am off of linux now, it really pisses me off..

I use Windows XP Home SP2. By the way, I hear from many people and communities that Win XP is a lousy OS. So far, I am quite satisfied with its current features and stability. I don't see what's wrong. Though, my only complaint is the amount of system resources it takes up from system programs.

I am currently using Windows XP Pro and Linux Mandrake and Windows Longhorn. Windows Xp Pro is pretty good but you have to reinstall the OS alot and Linux you dont but not all programs are supported their and Longhorn there are alot of bugs so Windows XP Pro is the best for me so far in my PC!