xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Toggle display in page script

This is my very first script, before I knew what was out there. It works in IE 5 and up. Not sure about netscape or mozilla. (I recently d/led mozilla and it's great for javascripts. Much less typing.)

<script language="javascript"><!--function toggle(what){  if(document.all[what].style.display == "none"){    document.all[what].style.display = "block";  }else{    document.all[what].style.display = "none";  }}//--></script><a href="javascript:toggle('myDiv')">Toggle</a><br><div style="display:none;" id="myDiv">  Some Text... Blah Blah Blah....</div>
This is what I can remember.

document.all is a IE only DOM. Use this for the cross-browser version. I just changed the way to get the element.

<script language="javascript"><!--function toggle(what){  if(document.geElementById(what).style.display == "none"){    document.getElementById(what).style.display = "block";  }else{    document.getElementById(what).style.display = "none";  }}//--></script>

Use the same link/div.

There is a shorter script to do that:

Function toggleId(id) {		element = document.GetElementById(id);		modus = (element.Style.Display == 'none' || element.Style.Display == '') ? 'block' : 'none';		element.Style.Display = modus;}

Help with code

Toggle display in page script

Replying to unimatrix0

Hi,

I have used your code but found that I am unable to use it more than once on my web page. I have a few headings for which I want the text below it to appear and disappear.. I just copied and pasted the code a few times and changed the words but found it wasnt working.

How can I use the code given so that I can have a few headings on the page which will have different text appear and disappear?

Thanks for help.