xisto Community
RGPHNX

Ftp ..problem- Tech Support/admin Help Please webpage updates not updated

Hi all,Here's the problem:I ftp'd a updated webpage file (ie. corrections/changes made) to the correct subfolder in "public_html" folder. I know it's the correct folder because thats where it was stored before & the address shown in my webbrowser address line is correct.The new (ie updated corrected file) does not appear in the webbrowser after a "successful" file upload. The new/updated file on the server shows the correct file creation date (ie. not the old file's creation date). I'm using Filezilla set to port 21. Have never had this problem untill the last 5 days or so (ie. Filezilla workd perfectly to refresh/update the file on the server.) I have deleted all offline content & cookies & files in the webbrowser "Internet options" to refresh the view of the webpage file each time before attempting to have the server show me the new/updated file- but it's still showing the old file. I have even shutdown & re-booted the puter to ensure a new copy of IE webbrowser.Just to check- I also did the following:1) I downloaded (via ftp) a copy of the supposedly "new/corrected file" from the server (ie. the one that does not work).2) I did a checksum compare of the new/corrected file which I uploaded (ie. copy stored on my computer) with the dowloaded supposedly "new/corrected file" from the server.THE CHECKSUMS ARE NOT THE SAME! 3) I manually viewed the source code for the 2 files.... the supposedly "new/corrected file" downloaded from the server is NOT the file which I uploaded. It's the old uncorrected file.I have repeated the entire process including a fresh, new ftp upload several times with the same results.Please AdviseThanksRGPHNX

Thanks to NilsC,I'm posting this so other members can benefit from the solution- if they should ever encounter the same problem.SOlUTION:The "www" folder & the "public_html" folderS contain copies of the same webpage files (ie. your webpages).The two folders must be "synchronized" (ie. contain the same exact copys of the same webpages.)FOR WHATEVER REASON SOMETIMES THE TWO FOLDERS FAIL TO SYNCHRONIZE PROPERLY.SOLUTION:STEP 1: Delete the webpage you are having problems with in the "www" folder's subfolder (usually it's inside the "/_sgt" subfolder inside the "www" folder).STEP 2: upload via ftp a new copy of the updated webpage to the "public_html" folder's subfolder(usually inside the "/_sgt" subfolder inside the "public_html" folder).The two files should be synchronized now & the new/updated webpage should display properly in your webbrowser.Mine DID !!Thanks again NilsCRGPHNX