xisto Community
RGPHNX

Forum Signature- Image Display Problem Signature Image does not display when viewing forum posts

Hi all,Just a minor problem,The image I chose to use in my forum signature doesn't display when I go back to view my posts. It just shows as a blank white box w/ red X in it. I'm 95% certain I used the correct syntax to code it into the signature. Uploaded a image to the root directory of my hosted website at Xisto.Does where the image is hosted make a difference??Any tips??/ suggestions??RGPHNX

well when i try and go directly to the image i get this:

The requested URL /userfiles/WindowsFoundErrorItsWindows.gif was not found on this server.

so it's your fault :blink:

Hi krap,

throwing stones?? Stating the obvious?? I know the pic isn't being linked.. the question is WHY??

Well the picture IS on the server in the folder(s) :

My original question:

Does the file need to be in a specific folder (or subfolder) at my website so that it shows up (displays correctly) in my signature.

Thanks in advance for constructive replys

RGPHNX

Sheesh,typos are a bummer.(the previous post wasn't supposed to be a link.OK , the syntax I'm using to link to the image in my signature is:mywebsiteNAME.com/public_html/userfiles/WindowsFoundErrorItsWindows.gifit's preceeded by the usual Http:// andthe www. entrys of course.Any suggestions anybody???RGPHNX

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Not FoundThe requested URL /public_html/userfiles/WindowsFoundErrorItsWindows.gif was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

make sure the case is correct, did you turn on image protection? then you have to set permissions for links...

Nils

Hi NilsC,the syntax/case for the link is correct.image protection is disabled in my cpanel.Do I still need to Set permission for links ?? If so How??RGPHNX