xisto Community
scab_dog

How To Take A Screen Shot Of Your Desktop. A Simple Tutorial

Lots of people have asked me on how to capture a Screen Shot of their Desktop. So I thought I should make a tutorial on how to...

1. Press the print screen button which should be:

Posted Image

2. Open an image editing program like paint:

Posted Image

3. Press Ctrl+V (paste)

4. It should have pasted the Screen Shot, Now save your image.

You learnt how to take a Screen Shot of your Desktop.

By

.::DAMAN::.

Also, some uses for that are to:Show someone a problem you are seeingGrab a picture on a site you can't normally (anti-right-click sites)Show your actual desktop setupShow a screenshot of something you're working onShow a conversation you had with someone elseJust to show that it's actually very useful.Also, there are a few programs that will automatically print screen and put them in sequential images (or keep overwriting the same one), as a sort of desktop webcam thing.

Grab a picture on a site you can't normally (anti-right-click sites)

71565[/snapback]

I do not think that this is a problem for gecko-based browsers (i.e. Mozilla, Firefox, Netscape, etc). You can right-click regardless. If you're a diehard Internet Explorer user, another way you can get past this, without taking a screenshot, is to look at the source to determine the url of the image, and then plug that into the address bar.

@clagnol - actually, try visiting integramod.com in firefox. no right clicking. and yes, you could do the source thing, but not for images in a shockwave/flash movie.@sandymc - you'd be surprised how many people don't know what the buttons do on their keyboard, or mouse, or computer in general. I still dunno what to use my Turbo button for, or the Pause Break button.

@clagnol - actually, try visiting integramod.com in firefox. no right clicking. and yes, you could do the source thing, but not for images in a shockwave/flash movie.

71613[/snapback]

I visited integramod.com and had no problems right-clicking on any of the images in the album or main sections of the website. Is there some other place within integramod.com that prohibits right-clicking?

I feel so dumb mna i didn't even know how to do taht and i saw i am good with computers hmmm i guess not but thanks it works and i am glad to becaus ei am starting my website layouts sale thing and i need to taake screen shots of the layout thankls man i have been looking for this for weeks finally!

for some people who want to take a picture of a video scene with real or windows meadia player 9 and up can't do it, it'll show up black. do you know how to fix this? great tuturial btw :blink:

I visited integramod.com and had no problems right-clicking on any of the images in the album or main sections of the website. Is there some other place within integramod.com that prohibits right-clicking?

71617[/snapback]

Oh, that's odd, for me it won't let me. But I'm using one of the overnight builds, so that might affect something. You are using firefox, right?

@ bureX -- Please don't post tips if they've already been posted. Thanks.

How to take a screen shot of your Desktop.

You are not the only one, lots I mean lots of people have asked me on how to do this. And I amazed on how many people do and dont know about this. Doing this is really useful when making a walkthrough for a game like i did for Hitman, I took screenshots and made it a picture walkthrough.

From

.::DAMAN::.