xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BlueReign

help!! CD-ROM error please

hello, i really need help, my cd drive is working absolutely fine in ms-dos, but when i try to use it in windows it does all sorts of things, sometimes it shows the cd as audio when it is not, other times it tells me that the cd drive is not functioning, and also sometimes it detects the cd, then when i look at the files on it they are a scrambled and have filenames like '??~???__~_???_~~'. i have tried reinstalling windows and updating drivers.. PLEASE HELP ME I AM GOING INSANE!!! p.s. this problem arose whn i put a different motherboard in because the other one fried

sounds like your cd isnt installed properly have you checked systems under countrol panel to see if there is a problem with the drive. Does the drive sometimes disappear because that happened to me when i had a newer drive than the motherboard which caused incompatability issues. id say check ur manufacturer for support :D