xisto Community
miakelye

Newbie Questions Upgrades and Maintaining

I have 3 major questions about this service.1) Once I have gotten a site, how often do I have to post in the forums in order to maintain my site. That is to say, how many credits do I need to keep a Service Pack 1 site up.2) Whatever x number of credits I need, couldn't you just get accumulate those credits and then not have to keep posting? Say the number is 5 credits, couldn't you just get 5 credits and then never post again or do credits diminish over time? When do credits diminish?3) What do I have to do to get an upgrade to Service Pack 2 with 150 MB disk space? Are there specific requirements or is it an easy thing to do, once you have Service Pack 1. If it isn't trivial, could you please describe how?Thanks a lot,Sam

Dear miakelye Welcome to Xisto

Ans 1: Once you got your site you have to keep on posting so your points stay above 0.

Ans 2: 1 Credit Equals 1 Day, This is a Free Webhosting Service there are some set backs,The thing is You have to be active always, so just say you went on a holidays for 3 days, you have to earn 3 points, so you dont get your website dimish.

Ans 3: If you want to get Package 1 you have to get 10points and then request for it. If you want to get Package 2 you have to get 30 points. But you have to get Package 1 before you move onto Package 2.

Your posts are reviewed, read the rules before posting :)

From

.::DAMAN::.

I have 3 major questions about this service.

1) Once I have gotten a site, how often do I have to post in the forums in order to maintain my site. That is to say, how many credits do I need to keep a Service Pack 1 site up.

2) Whatever x number of credits I need, couldn't you just get accumulate those credits and then not have to keep posting? Say the number is 5 credits, couldn't you just get 5 credits and then never post again or do credits diminish over time? When do credits diminish?

3) What do I have to do to get an upgrade to Service Pack 2 with 150 MB disk space? Are there specific requirements or is it an easy thing to do, once you have Service Pack 1. If it isn't trivial, could you please describe how?

71100[/snapback]

1) NilsC's post can help clear things up on this: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/8717-fair-warning-is-given-to-all-hosted-members/

2) The credits cannot stay static or else Xisto would die, and your site will die, too. Generally, the hosting credits system is very lenient when it comes to dishing out credits. If you make a good post, like yours, then you will definately earn more than 1 credit. You lose exactly 1 hosting credit per day, so it's not hard at all to keep your site alive.

3) To get Service Pack 2, or Package 2, you need to do the same thing you did when you earned Service Pack 1: post. Except this time, you need to accumulate 30 hosting credits instead of 10.

Hoped that cleared things up. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me or post a reply. :)

Thanks so much for your answers! I'm pretty clear on how this works now. The whole suspension (0 credits), termination (-30 credits) and reinstatement (4 credits) seems very reasonable. I think this is perfect for me.I do however have one last question. How are posts scored? It seems like posts that have a lot of words are obviously scored higher and those posts (if you want free webspace) are reviewed, but do you get points if someone replies to your posts or topics? Because the whole point is to promote discussion. That would seem to make sense. Thanks for all your responses,Sam

do you get points if someone replies to your posts or topics?

71113[/snapback]

You do not get points if someone replies to your thread/posts. Sorry :)

However, the people who reply to your posts or threads get points, and you can be that person by replying to threads and participating in the forums. :)