xisto Community
CodeName_88

New Need For Speed

Here's the press release from EA:

Chertsey, UK. � April 11, 2005 � Electronic Arts (Nasdaq: ERTS) announced today that Need for SpeedTM Most Wanted, from the makers of the hit Need for SpeedTM Underground franchise that has sold more than 15 million copies worldwide, currently is under development at EA Canada. Combining the thrill of illicit street racing and tuner customization with the intensity of strategic police pursuits that rivals any Hollywood-style chase scene, Need for Speed Most Wanted challenges players to become the most notorious and elusive street racer.
"Out-race your opponents, evade cops and exploit the open world in Need for Speed Most Wanted; street racing doesn't get any better than this," said Larry LaPierre, senior producer, EA Canada. "Players instantly will feel the thrill of the ride as they hit the streets in an open world environment where drivers can tune their cars to compete against any class of vehicles or use their wits to out-fox the law to satisfy their need for speed."

Need for Speed Most Wanted delivers a unique, fast-paced and gripping ride in the racing genre as players build up their Rap Sheet and street cred to move their way up the Black List to become the most wanted racer on the streets. Players will go head-to-head with the top drivers on the scene as well as strategically evade more than half dozen cops at any one time. Add in a dynamic open world, new gameplay and customization as well as tuners, supercars, muscles and sports cars and Need for Speed Most Wanted will be on every gamer's "must-have" list.

Developed in Vancouver, B.C. by EA Canada, Need for Speed Most Wanted will be available for a next generation console as well as the PlayStationŽ2 computer entertainment system, XboxŽ videogame system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCubeTM, Nintendo DSTM, Game BoyŽ Advance, PSPTM handheld entertainment system and PC. More details to follow.

Seems cool :)

Invisible said:

:( HeHe this is a game I'm going to buy!!

Sound cool  :(

131812[/snapback]

It's really gonna be cool but its sad that nfsu2 loses 2 of the best modes ->> drift & drag :(

awww man i can't wait to get my hands on it! Need 4 Speed,especially from hot pursuit 2 onwards to underground, has got to be the all-time best racing game.

it's probably gonna need an awesome computer to run properly. SOB! my baby most likely won't play it.

awww man i can't wait to get my hands on it! Need 4 Speed,especially from hot pursuit 2 onwards to underground, has got to be the all-time best racing game.

it's probably gonna need an awesome computer to run properly. SOB! my baby most likely won't play it.

138818[/snapback]

Yeah but if ur like ppl like me who rule at drift u wont be very happy that NFSMW wont have drift involved.. the cop pursuits look cool though.. i cant think about how will we play online...

And i also hope that the online play dont require original CD keys as the NFSug2 ... think it will be a cool game for offline play...

BTW does someone of you guys like to race online or for leagues nfsu2 etc.. ?

Yeah, you are all right. I have some other screenshots of this game, I also have to say that it will be an awesome game

You can take a look at the screenshots here

I've seen some of the gameplay screenshots and they looked to me like real photos of cars. I hope its true and the game will be a breakthrought even comparing to need for speed underground series!

WOW this games look amazing, and the videos and screenshots look incredible. At first I thought the videos were real life. Finally hopefully a good cop pursuit game. I have Need For Speed 3, but compare that with Underground 2, well, uh, it doesn't compare. I just hope my computer can support it. Hope to get it for Christmas or something like that.

wow this will be awesome have muscle, exotic, and tuner cars along side each other, i gotta get this game and show the *darn* muscles cars and exotics what real cars are :P  :P

70979[/snapback]

Actually we'll going to have only one little Camaro in Black Edition (a gaming extra). Sad, isn't it. Altough I like the game, especially because of the new, how do you say, less redneck architecture and daylight driving.