xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
miakelye

Powerbook G5 Does anyone know when this is coming out?

I've decided I want to make the switch from Windows to Mac. So, when I heard Mac was coming out with a new operating system and Powerbooks (which is the computer I want to buy) were getting upgraded to G5 processor in later Quarter 2 of 2005, I thought great that's for me. I've been checking Macrumors.com almost everyday since and it looks like the time table just keeps getting pushed back further and further. If anyone has some real information on when they think Powerbook G5's are coming out or why they're getting delayed, please respond.Sam

As of now, the Powerbook G5 is still a rumour floating around the Mac Community, however, a new OS is coming out April 29th and that is Tiger, jam packed with new feautres like Dashboard and Spotlight, it's the best OS yet to come out from Apple. It's the best if you just got one of the current powerbooks now, as there is not much "fact" behind the Powerbook G5.Good Luck on your switch to becoming a Mac user, -whyme

Also, It might be quite a while untill PB G5 because the G5 processor gets so hot. And this is a laptop we are talking about, Which means it has to be small and must stay cool, and not use too much power.... I dont know why there isn't an eMac G5 yet o_O

Also, It might be quite a while untill PB G5 because the G5 processor gets so hot. And this is a laptop we are talking about, Which means it has to be small and must stay cool, and not use too much power.

... I dont know why there isn't an eMac G5 yet o_O

131363[/snapback]

yeah i dont either