xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shigajet

Haruki Murakami Novels Has anyone ever read Murakamis novels?

Hello again!ANother quick question - has anybody out there ever read any works by Haruki Murakami? If so, which books did you like?The first stories I read was "A Wild Sheep Chase" and its sequel "Dance Dance Dance". Some time later, I also read "South of the Border, West of the Sun". I've liked all of them, although "Sheep" and "Dance" (both set in Hokkaido) made an impression on me.Anyone out there with their recommendations?

Moshi moshi. Are you a japanese? oh well.. let's get to the topic.I've read "Norwegian Wood" as well as "Dance dance Dance" and "The elephant Vanishes". Hmm.. I suggest you read Norwegian Wood , though it have some sexual content in it.. the story is still okay. I think that is the most erotic novel of Murakami-san."The elephant Vanishes" contain some short stories. I also suggest you read that. :lol: I'm planning to buy "Sputnik Sweetheart" (I think that is the title) but can't find one here in the country.Anyways, that's it. Glad to find a Murakami fan here. Hope you could still read this one. Hehe.ja!

Hi there. I've read some of his newly published short stories (not so new actually), which are pretty nice!Recommend: The kidney shaped stone that moves everyday, Where I'm likely to find itAll these storied can be found in his book Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman (collection)And I'm reading the English version of Kafka on the Shore right now.

I read Kafka on the Shore. It's a bit too deep and philosophical for me. I think he was trying to use events in his stories to talk about life, but some parts don't make sense to me. Still, I like it because the writing style is beautiful and the story was quite mysterious and interesting.And to answer chewy123's question, yes he is a Japanese author.

I've read "After the Quake" and I really enjoyed it! It was during my exams though so i wasn't concentrating as well as i could have been. I guess a lot is probably lost in translation from Japanese to English but i liked his tone and characterisation. Quite melancholy. I've bought "Hard Boiled Wonderland" and "The Edge of the World" but haven't started reading it yet. My dad was going to but my mum got it mixed up with the 120 Days of Sodom (which i was also reading at the time) so she told him not to touch it cos it's kinky *BLEEP*. Parents are awesome.

different kindsHaruki Murakami NovelsYes, he is Japaneze. He's most possibly, one of the greatest modern writer's. His stories don't fit in any kind of established genre, but if we were to have to it a name then it would have to be called, 'Surreal fiction.' I suggest you read his works; my first was "After Dark." If you begin reading his work I hope you enjoy it- have a good day.-reply by Travis

I;ve read <Kafka on the shore> I really liked by the way. I sugest you to read it. It;s about young boy called Kafka Tamura, He escapes from his father, and goes away, then he meets nice girl and he is really adventurous boy!

-reply by Gryu