xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jaybird92185

10 Cents A Search? is it true u have to pay

is it true that u have to pay everytime u click a link thats what my friend told me what happened whenever u click a link that u have to pay 10 cents or do the people that own that link pay 10 cents????? :):)

It's called GoogleAdWords, where owners of a certain service pay money to have there ads displayed on Google search results. Google AdWords allows you to create your own ads, choose keywords to target your product audience and you only pay when someone clicks on them. 

Can you imagine an internet that requires you to pay for each link you click? That would be worse than the pay toilets I keep hearing about in Europe.

Never even heard of this but it could bring up a huge argument... It is probably just a slight fib that you dont need to worry about because you pay a fixed rate for your internet monthly not how much you use it. That should explain things more clearly by alot!just my 2 centsJON-FINALDARKJON

There will never be internet that charges per click. The price of internet is going down (same speed, e.g. 256k 5 years ago to 256k today), not up. That would suck monkey toes though if all internet services did that. You would have to copy paste every single link to avoid charges. :)

Yeah, that is for the Google AdWords, or AdSense, which allows site owners to advertise their site, or make money by putting other's ads on them. If Google charged for search results it wouldn't be nearly as popular as it is, and the Google AdSense and AdWords wouldn't make website owners squat, because the popularity of Google gives it the power to make AdSense and AdWords work.-GM

Speaking of Google adds has anyone looked at the beta version of the Google groups. The adds take up way to much space. This could be pad for displaying programming that have a lot of nested structures. The word wrapping this could cause could make it difficult to read.

The one problem about Google AdWords is the fact that they have to approve your site first. Granted, they can't be wasting advertisers money, but I had to wait 3 months for my first site to be approved and then, my second site, which was perfectly legitamate, was not approved. I got a letter back from Google saying that a message board site was not acceptable. But I had seen site like bigsoccer.com, with just that. So all I have to say is, make sure your site is flawless before submitting it to Google.

Yes google adword, or sponsored links are paid for, and hoeever pays the most for ranking on a particular word, for instance 'money', will be top on google, so if you pay 10p per click, you will be higher than someone who only pays 1p per click, google get loads of cash for this, so if you wanna give google more, click on top sponsors!!!

no, if that ever happens, google's goin down, (they could make big time money if they do tho), somthing like prepaid search credits, you could buy 20$ credits and use them for searching (.10$) a search...cool, but not likely, hope the google people aren't reading this :lol: