xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
XeNoToSs

Psp Sucks. Dont Buy It. A PSP Owner warning you

Notice from NilsC:
Warned member for bad language in this post and in the shoutbox. Reduced hosting credits and I'm moving this post

aite .let me tell u. like 4 of my friends bought psp on the first day it came out! 3 bought it in the afternoon of that day...amrch some And oen waited til 12 something got a beany n tshirt for buying it at metreon (official playstationstore) https://www.shoppingmetreon.com/ ( if link dont work. search it san francisco metreon). so they were playing that in class n it was hella fun. i watched them play twisted metal multiplayer and damn it was tyte. okk ..so i didnt want one in the begining.....then iw anted one cuz i felt leftout. so on tuesday my parents an i went to metreon to buy it.. i bought twisted metal and world tour soccer. that stuff was fun in the beginging but on thursday it got boring... and i tried to keep my psp in good condition....and kept whiping the screen with the cleaning cloth. and it got scrathes over time.now its freakin boring n i want to return it...i even bought the madcatz case thingy 30 bucks... came with: psp plastic case 6 game disc holders car charger usb plug and 4 screen protecteors.

my warning to u....wait for ps3 .no games for it too.... dont buy it...

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

I had a feeling it may have this sort of affect, which is why i didn't buy it. I find that i get very bored of handheld consoles rather quickly because the quality of games on them tend to be of an average quality. I was always just going to wait for the PS3 anyway. PS2 > Psp.

I don't think PSP is that bad. Maybe XenoToss is exaggerating a bit! PSP is a handheld console and a home system, so the games will focus on different things. PSP is the most powerful handheld ever created but this doesn't mean that it's superior to PS2 power.The graphics on PSP are much more great than on PSOne and that it's a great achievement for a handheld console.PS3 is something completely different, you cannot compare PS3 with PSP cuz both are created for different purposes. PS3 will be the future successor of PS2 and PSP is the current handheld machine of Sony for the next,at least, 5 years.

I was about to say just about everything coolboy said. PSP is jam packed with features, especially compared to competitors (Nintendo DS). I don't have one, but played one a few times, and I loved it right away. The only negative I see is that they bumped the cost from 17,000 some yen ($180-$190 USD) in Japan to $250 in America. I think that was a stupid decision because if they would have put it at $199 to start, they could have almost thrown the DS out of the competition. I might wait for a price drop to $200 before I buy it, depending on if I can scrape the money sooner or not.

i do not like psp as well,although psp is filled with much feature,it is too expensive to me.if i want a mobile game playing environment,i can pick a GBA sp,even to play on nokia n-gage when travelling.certaining,playing game is to relax myself,if i really want to relax,i would like to play with xbox or pc games,which both rather exciting and recreational. :)

From what I've seen and played of it, the PSP is a neat little gadget. It's kind of strange how the console got boring for you after only a few days... maybe it'll get better after you put it away for a while?

I think it is unfair to judge any system, console or handheld in its first 6 months or so. Games are always lackluster and lacking in number during that time. Also, any games that come out in the beginning can be looked on basically as experiments.

For example, look at a PSOne title released at release and then look at a later one that came out just a few years ago. The system didn't improve, but developers find new ways to push the hardware and coding to the limit. I still don't think after all these years that PS2 has reached its limit yet, I'm sure developers could crank something even more amazing out.

So basically, give the PSP some time. Even the DS isn't coming into its own yet, I'm sure there will be some amazing stuff in the next year or so for it. The same is true for the PSP.

well to be quite honest with you, i find the psp enjoyable. there are a lot of hacks being made for it such as the irc chat hack where you can trick psp into logging into an irc chat server. the mini keyboard is kinda weird though.

lol...fine buy it if u guys want....but ehh dont say i didnt tell u. i even asked my friend n they said they got bored of theirs. only thing we like aobut it is that we can have a 5 way on twisted metal during class..but algebra is starting to be a pain in the part of the body where the sun dont shine.

It has been getting a lot of bad reviews, it seems the only thing its got going for itself is its good looks. I don't own 1 though so i dunno.. i also dont own a DS yet. ive always had something against nintendo (dunno what) so im guessing most people would recommend a DS over PSP?-- Oh hi There, I'm Cliff --

just wait for xbox360(xbox 2v) or ps3 cuz...u know....psp is gonna get old in less then half a year...and ...ull just have to buy another console..n thatll be a wasgte of money..n then u would have to buy another set of games.

A friend of mine showed me his PSP (North American model). Mind you, I was impressed that you could watch a movie on it, too. (He had the Spiderman II cartridge in it). Even so, he also said that the PSP has NOT been selling that well in Canada and will probably be replaced in the next year, if not before. I know the PSP has been available in Japan for a while now and there have been reports of many problems.

What do you mean it has not been selling well in Canada, when it first came out like a few weeks ago or a month ago or something, there where lineups at like midnight with people waithing outside Best Buy or Future shop waiting to get one because there was (don't know if there still is) one million PSPs in North America. Maybe it has settled down, I don't know.

Really? It seemed cool, and I was thinking of buying it. I heard positive reviews though. The graphics were awesome, and the features were astonishing. I'm actually thinking of getting PSP or DS. DS is pretty much OK...But I was actually gearing towards PSP. It's the first time I heard someone saying not to buy it. :lol: