xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hansley

Cs: Source What do you think about it?

CS: Source has come out for sometime now. However, I heard little of people talking about it. Now, it is my chance to know what you, CS Fans, think about the new breed of CS. It is also your chance to tell what you feel need to be improved in CS: Source.I, recently, installed CS: Source in my notebook. It runs pretty well in my notebook, a little lag in smokes and when I added more than 5 bots per team. Well it is a very good performance considering I only have Pentium IV 2.0 GHz, 512 RAM, and Radeon 7500. Well, the one disappoinment is that the keyboard option has been limited to one key per each function (unlike CZ or 1.6 where we can assign 2 key for 1 function). Another disappointment is the design of the player and weapons, they are somehow less cool and detailed than that of CZ (perhaps they need to do that to minimize the burden to the computer because of too much rendering). I also find it quite difficult to kill, I don't know, perhaps the rate of fire has been increased and it is somehow less accurate. Except for the AWP, which accuracy is very very good. The grenade and flashbang are standard, but do you know that you can stuck a smoke grenade on a barrel by throwing it directly to the barrel and it will not blow up. The smoke will start to disperse if you shoot down the barrel. I guess it is a good way to make a trap for your opponent. Make your opponent go near the barrel, shoot it, and your opponent will have a hard time looking for you. And do you notice that you jump higher eventhough the gravity setting is the same. I mean you can easily jump from one box to another.Well, overall, CS: Source is a good game just for fun and to please curiousity. It is, however, will not be able to replace CZ unless the programmers made some changes to the options and gameplay. If you ask me to rate it from 1 to 10, I'd rate it a 7.5. Good, but not good enough.What do you think about CS: Source?

Counter-Strike: Source is the top most unriveled games in the history of computers. To say that Source is anything less than perfect, you would have to be one retarted rabbit name efrum. Like the one off family guy -aka- bugs bunny. Yeah sure there are some mishaps in Source like the barels not being solid. Which is probably the only thing i can think of. Besides when the servers mess up and you can see through walls. Other then that. Source is perfect and if anyone has anything bad to say about it. Well you can just go have sex with a moose.[tol] -Jynx-

source isnt necessarly over all better at the moment, their are still a number of bugs that need to be worked out of it, but for the over all game play it is unrivaled, except by its counterpart, Half Life 2 (not to be confused with half life source).I guess the major improvements would be the overall physics engine, which they have really done will with to where you dont have such a high ping when people with bad connections play. But if you own a server and somebody has a ping of "5" or "1" kick and or ban them immediatly, they are using a ping mask which means that they generaly already have a high ping, and also it puts a ton of stress on the server.

What I thought of CS:Source:

Well, When I first got it I was like Holy Crap! This is freaking amazing! Awesome graphics, phsyhics (like HL2), the m4 was Elite!, but then I changed. I moved over to Army games such as Americas Army and Operation Flashpoint.

But for those people who have just bought it or want to buy CS:S. Do it, it's worth it, but if your like me and like Army games, get America's Army for FREE! or Operation Flashpoint G.O.T.Y.

America's Army Website: https://www.americasarmy.com/

~Hurley

CounterStrike: Source is a very good game in my opinion, although it is not perfect.It took me a while before anybody actually persuaded me to give CounterStrike: Source a try, because i was not a fan of Countersrike 1.6 or counterstrike: condition zero. After giving it a try for the first time, i thought that it was fairly good, so i decided to play it again, and then again until i thought that it was a highly enjoyable, fun game to play.As people have said, there are a few minor problems with the game that make it short of perfect, but it is a much better game then i thought it was going to be.As far as America's army is concerned, i found it far too slow paced for my liking. I much prefer counterStrike: Source to America's army, but this is just my opinion.

I think that Source is much better then CZ, I don't know what your talking about when you say CZ has better graphics, Source has 100x better graphics then CZ. Also they lowered the recoil rate so it should be easier to kill. The only problem in Source is that it isn't customizable yet like CZ in which you can have like Mp5 with Grenades. But for everything else its perfect. I would rate it 9.5. :(

Well, I still think that the player skin and weapon detail is less detailed than that of CZ, but the environment is of course much more detailed. Oh and have I mentioned that you can hide a dead body in the wall? If you found any dead body near to a wall, try shooting at it or grenade it so that it will bounce to the wall. Next, keep shooting it until its body is completely swallown by the wall. Not much of a glitch but it still is fun to do. I also used to think that CSS is da bomb but somehow, I still prefer CZ or 1.6 over CSS. Perhaps because the idea that CSS is still in beta. Furthermore, I also noticed another gltich a cool one. Do you know that you can stick any grenade on the barrels? Try throwing one at the middle of 2 barrels, it will stick on it. It won't go off until you shoot the barrel down. It worked sometimes but sometimes it didn't. It is a good use glitch because you can like plant a mine on that barrel. When someone comes, just shoot the barrel down, and you can either flash him, blow him, or just smoke him. A faster effect than risking you life to throw a grenade. Oh yeah one more thing, are there any deathmatch map for CSS? I found an awp map for it but no deathmatch. So if someone has one please let me know. Thank you.

I can rarely beat the bots on the highest difficulty...its like every shot is a headshot.....I keep on getting nailed in the head with a shotgun from across a huge distance...

I love Counter-Strike Source. IT is much better than Counter-Strike 1.6 in my opinion. The movement feels much more natural, and using the guns feels much better. I also love the bots, it is very fun to play with them and actually have a good time because I'm not getting my *** wiped up and down the level. However, like someone else said It does lag more with bots, but I think that is better because you get better practice playing with some lag. Then when you go online and it runs much smoother, it is easier to kill people. Still, I'm not that good :(And I also love the level designs. They are freaking awesome, dust actually doesn't feel lonely anymore! :( Office is sweet too, and It's great with the new, more detailed bots. I love the level of detail added, and I love also the custom sprays. Uploading some of my PS work or spraying ads for my site all over the map is awesome :D The only thing I dislike Is how all players have the exact same skin. While they are great skins, and it makes sense that everyone is from the same fighting group, I miss the elite crew and the GSG's ;_;